- This event has passed.
Becoming Trauma Informed & Responsive
February 25 @ 7:00 pm - February 26 @ 6:30 pmFree
Join SRP’s Recovery Training Academy for a VIRTUAL TRAINING EVENT
Date and time:
Fri, Feb 25, 2022, 7:00 PM
Sat, Feb 26, 2022, 6:30 PM CST
Location: On-line event
About this event:
Becoming Traume Informed & Responsive is a in-depth, technical, training designed to educate, empower and equip anyone desiring to work more effectively with individuals and families affected by trauma.
This training will include gender specific responses as well as a deeper look into those impacted by the criminal justice department.
Over the 8-12 hours of certification training we will explore:
- Violence in Our World
- Human Trafficking
- Gender Differences
- Understanding Trauma
- Processes & Effects of Trauma
- Trauma-Informed Services
- Non-Verbal Communicaton
- Calming & Grounding Strategies
- Vicarious Trauma & Work-Related Stress
- Trauma Informed Environment for Staff & Volunteers
- Escalation & De-Escalation
- ORID (Objective / Reflective / Interpretive / Decisive