Seeking Safety is a curriculum written specifically to address cognitive behavioral challenges experienced by those with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). Seeking Safety is facilitated in weekly bite-sized pieces packed with tools that are easy to apply but have far reaching, long lasting transformative value. As with all our classes and support groups, Seeking Safety is offered for people in recovery by people in long-term recovery. Although the peers who lead our classes and groups have been educated and received certifications where necessary to facilitate certain classes, we are fully peer-led and in non-clinical settings. We are experts first by our lived experience.
Wellness & Recovery Class
Wellness has many dimensions. This class will address the following major areas of focus:
- Stepping onto the path where we learned about the strategies for change, they can help you or your loved one on your wellness journey.
- Emotional wellness… Where we learn how to build awareness, acceptance, and healthy expression of emotions.
- Intellectual wellness where we actively pursue lifelong learning and creativity.
- Physical wellness as we learn how to make daily decisions that contribute to the overall health of our body.
- Social wellness is all about building healthy, nurturing and mutually supportive relationships.
- Spiritual wellness as we learn how to live a life that matches our values, beliefs, and sense of purpose
- And of course, how to stay on the wellness path as we discover joy in our ongoing wellness and recovery journey.
The purpose of this class is to provide strategies and support to help you make positive, lasting life changes. In this class we will explore five dimensions of wellness.
We will explore the range of feelings that you may be experiencing at this stage in your recovery. They may vary Dash whether you’re confused, angry, anxious, frustrated, relieved, enthusiastic, or simply curious. Whatever your attitude is at this moment, know that changes in your life are always taking place. The strategies for wellness that you learn in this class connect as healthy and fulfilling substitutes to the behaviors you choose to change.
CLICK HERE to see more Transformative Classes